In Maryland, and other states, the birth injury Cerebral Palsy can be the result of medical negligence by the delivering physician and their medical team. Commonly diagnosed in infants, CP can also be diagnosed during the toddler years as developmental delays become noticeable. If fetal distress or other medical conditions aren’t properly detected, the labor inducing drug Pitocin isn’t given properly or forceps are misused brain damage can occur during the birthing process. Maryland Cerebral Palsy Attorney Susan R. Green is here to help address your concerns regarding medical malpractice during pregnancy or delivery. She is experienced in handling a wide range of birth injury lawsuits. She, and her team of Maryland Cerebral Palsy lawyers are here to help you get the justice, medical care and financial compensation you and your baby deserve. Please contact Ms. Green for a free case analysis. She charges no fees if she is unable to obtain benefits and financial compensation for your baby.
How Does Cerebral Palsy Occur
Instances of medical malpractice that lead to infant brain damage and cerebral palsy can be:
- Prior to delivery, failing to recognize transfusion problems with the placenta or umbilical cord, such as with placenta previa or a prolapsed cord
- During labor, failing to recognize the baby is showing signs of trouble during labor, often in the form of a slowing heart rate (i.e., fetal bradycardia, decelerations or the absence of fetal heart rate variability)
- Failing to recognize that the baby is in trouble during labor and not delivering the baby in time to prevent brain damage
- During delivery, leaving the baby in the birth canal when the baby is stuck because of shoulder dystocia or an unusual birth position
- Improper use of forceps or the vacuum extractor during delivery
Contact Our Maryland Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
To discuss your claim with Baltimore Birth Injury Lawyer Susan R. Green please click here. All case examinations are free of charge and she assessed no fees unless she recovers for you and your baby.